Take Home Smoked Meat
Our Authentic Montreal Smoked Meat is Gluten Free, and comes Sliced or Unsliced, Lean or Fatty
|By the Pound||$18.50 (Serves 3-4)|
|By the 1/2 Pound||$9.25 (Serves 2-3)|
(Add a loaf of our Light Rye Bread & our Homemade Mustard to your Take Home Smoked Meat Order)
How to prepare our Take Home Authentic Montreal Smoked Meat:
1. Fill a large pot or Dutch oven 1/3 full with water; bring to a boil.
2. Set a rack or strainer inside the pot but above the water. Set the whole, a portion, or
sliced brisket on the rack so that it rests above the water. No part of the brisket
should be submerged in the water.
3. Cover and let steam for about 7 – 10 minutes per pound.
4. The brisket is fully steamed and ready for slicing when a fork can penetrate the
brisket with no resistance [fork will slide in easily].
5. Remove the brisket from pot. Using a sharp long blade knife (8 – 12 inch blade recommended), cut off thin slices. It’s important to always slice the meat across the
grain for maximum tenderness.
6. Pile high on Rye and add your favorite mustard.